Few quick questions on planting my 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 90 gallon aquarium and was wondering-
What lights should I get? Must be cheap and mid to high light, I'll be adding ferts but not co2 as of yet
What plants should I go for? I'm transferring over four plants from my ten- a green foxtail, cardinal plant, ludwigia repens, and water mint
I want micro sword and a carpet of some sort
Thanks!

I have a 90 gallon aquarium and was wondering-
What lights should I get? Must be cheap and mid to high light, I'll be adding ferts but not co2 as of yet

You might want to reconsider that. The plants you list don't require a lot of light to thrive and you are setting yourself up for a tank full of algae.

As far as light goes you could go with a t5ho setup. I'm not sure of the size of 90g but two 54w t5ho spread 5-6" apart if possible would be a great start. Unless the fixtures have crappy reflectors you might have to raise the fixtures above the water surface so that it isn't too much light.

Peyton said:
You might want to reconsider that. The plants you list don't require a lot of light to thrive and you are setting yourself up for a tank full of algae.

As far as light goes you could go with a t5ho setup. I'm not sure of the size of 90g but two 54w t5ho spread 5-6" apart if possible would be a great start. Unless the fixtures have crappy reflectors you might have to raise the fixtures above the water surface so that it isn't too much light.

I was looking at Riccia flutians carpet and I don't mind algae as I'm getting Otos and the more the merrier!

Riccia's not a carpet plant. You can attach it to rocks and such with a hairnet, but unfortunately riccia floats... Making it a poor choice for a carpet.

aqua_chem said:
Riccia's not a carpet plant. You can attach it to rocks and such with a hairnet, but unfortunately riccia floats... Making it a poor choice for a carpet.

As I discovered when I bought a huge mat and it all floated off and disappeared
However I love Riccia and am willing to go throuh the tie it down thing

Back
Top Bottom