Fiancee wants to move fish - need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pwrflpills

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey ya'll! Man, it's been forever since I've posted so no one probably remembers me, but I've got a little situation.

I live in a very small apartment with a correspondingly small kitchen. I've got 2 neons that I've had a for a couple years in my 5 gal corner tank on a small counter next to my fridge. My fiancee wants me to move the neons into my 20 gal community tank (population below) and put the corner tank in storage so she can use the counter space.

I'm wondering if introducing 2 small fish into a tank with a "king of the castle" golder wonder killi will be a problem. I hate to put them into danger since they've been around so long enjoying their own tank. The killifish doesn't seem aggressive, but he did bite me twice yesterday when I was cleaning some of the plants in the tank, which was a first and kind of surprising. Any opinions appreciated.

They should be fine, I haven't had an experience with aggressive killifish. Try moving around a few decorations or feeding when you add the neons and it should be fine.

I doubt your Golden would recognize 2 additional tetras considering you have 4 rummies already. The neons may even school with them.

Back
Top Bottom