Fiddler Crab Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that didn't work... The pics that are on here I added from the mobile app, but for some reason on my computer I can't figure it out. Haha.

When you go to photobucket and look at your pictures, place the hand/pointer over the picture - four codes will show up below the picture. Go down with the hand to the bottom code, this is the image (IMG) code. Set the hand over the box and left click, it will tell you it is copied, then come back over here to the post box and paste or control "v" the code into the post box. It will initially show as a code, but when you submit the reply it becomes the image.

Last edited:
I love the picture of the male holding his legs out. How come, no matter what the species they always try to tell you how big they are? I didn't mean for it to sounds dirty..... it just came out like that from listening to my friend's new BF brag about himself for 1/2 hour.... i don't think that is going to last.

anyhoo, I have started searching craigslist for new tanks and I'll hit you up for some ideas in a few days... maybe. i can't wait to have some of my own running around!

The males are the best part! One recently molted, and now his big claw is about twice the size it used to be... And he took no time in showing it off! I hope you find a great tank for cheap that you can use. These guys are so much fun!

When you go to photobucket and look at your pictures, place the hand/pointer over the picture - four codes will show up below the picture. Go down with the hand to the bottom code, this is the image (IMG) code. Set the hand over the box and left click, it will tell you it is copied, then come back over here to the post box and paste or control "v" the code into the post box. It will initially show as a code, but when you submit the reply it becomes the image.

Hmm... Mine only had three codes. I will attempt to figure it out!

Yep, still only three codes. I have an email and IM code, direct link, and html code. No IMG. I played with it but I can't figure it out...

You're lucky...I've given up on keeping a male for now. I have a little harem of females that kills every male I add to the tank. Took me a while to realize what was happening..every time I add a male he's dead within a couple weeks. At first I thought I was just having bad luck and kept getting unhealthy males..then the last couple of times I saw my biggest female attacking the male. It's kinda wierd. I've been keeping fiddlers for a long time and I've had too many of them to possibly count and have never seen this kind of aggression from a female.

TheMurrays said:
So an update on my build: I finally bought paint for the laminate base. Last night I sanded the laminate, and covered it in a primer. In about a week I will be painting the rest black, and hopefully a few days after that I will cover it again with satin polyurethane. Whew! The scariest part for me is spray painting the frame of the actual tank. I am scared that I will get paint on the glass... So I'm waiting to do that last. Wish me luck!

Just cover the glass with tape/paper. Take your time and you shall be ok.

You're lucky...I've given up on keeping a male for now. I have a little harem of females that kills every male I add to the tank. Took me a while to realize what was happening..every time I add a male he's dead within a couple weeks. At first I thought I was just having bad luck and kept getting unhealthy males..then the last couple of times I saw my biggest female attacking the male. It's kinda wierd. I've been keeping fiddlers for a long time and I've had too many of them to possibly count and have never seen this kind of aggression from a female.

Wow, that is really strange... I thought I was buying two males and four females. One of the females that didn't have a claw molted, and when I saw the new large claw I realized I had grabbed three males! :) None of my fiddlers seem to fight much. The males seem to back down to one male that is slightly larger, and I've never seen them get very aggressive. I think it helps that my tank is large with plenty of good hiding spaces and things to explore. My females never fight! That's pretty crazy!

No female I've ever had has fought with another female..but I've got a real man hater on my hands now, I guess. :ermm:

The only time I ever put two males together one killed the other. I'd had him for a long time and had built the tank for him. I was so sad..and felt so guilty for bringing in his assassin :(

I got mine at the same time, and they are all small in size. Hopefully if they grow up together they will be ok!

Back
Top Bottom