Fighting Denison Barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martinwoodward1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Denison Barbs were really going at it hard today. 3 of them anyhow. I couldn't tell if they were playing or fighting. They did seem to be nipping at each other. Any body have these beautiful fish that could give me any advice it would be much appreciated. Here is the link https://youtu.be/OaDW-RXTeDY

I guess the link didn't work. I have 5 in a 55 with 8 congo tetras, 6 otocinclus, 2 bamboo shrimo

Mine have never hurt each other.
You will need a larger tank in time.....
I have 12 in my 180g.
They range between 4-6 years old now I believe.
It would stand to reason it may be some breeding behavior but only fish farms and FEW have breed these fish so far.

Yea I will be getting a larger tank after I move. Probably going to a 175 and turn my 55 into a salt water tank

Try to get your link to work!
I would dig to see them!
One of my all time favorite freshwater fish.
Here's mine!

99907-albums14345-picture69025.jpg

I don't have any 8dea why it is not working try copying and pasting in your browser and let me know if you see it

Hi ppl. I am new to fish keeping hobby. Two of my denison barbs scratching on the rocks occasionally. I did not find any white spot reporting ich But i doubt if it s attacked by ich. Or if there s any othere reason, plz let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Barbs scratchibg

I always thought scratching or flaking was a sign of parasites not a fungus. But I am fairly new as well

Ich is kinda parasite i guess. For the safer side i have turned on my heater to 85°f and planning to add salt as well. Wil see if it helps. :)

I always thought scratching or flaking was a sign of parasites not a fungus. But I am fairly new as well
Ich is kinda parasite i guess. For the safer side i have turned on my heater to 85°f and planning to add salt as well. Wil see if it helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom