Figure 8 puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Als Ma Pal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm looking for some advice I have a 130L tank with 2 angel fish 2 kissing gouramis 3 3 spot gouramis 2 silver sharks 10 large neon tetras and they all look happy would it be ok to add a figure 8 puffer?

No, figure8 puffers are fin nipper and mean! They need their own tank. Don't let their cuteness fool you! Plus fiqure 8 puffers need brackish water...around 1.5

that is way too small for the sharks,assuming they are bala sharks,they can get to 12" long and are schooling species.

They are Bala sharks. Think ill take them back as the guy at the pet shop said they would be fine in my tank

ocean said:
No, figure8 puffers are fin nipper and mean! They need their own tank. Don't let their cuteness fool you! Plus fiqure 8 puffers need brackish water...around 1.5

Thanks for the advice ocean. I'll say away from them. But they are cute:)

Don't believe everything a LFS tells you....you need to do some research before you buy fish, then you will get an idea what size tank the fish will be happy in :) nothing worst than stressed out or sick fish. Or better yet ask here at AA!

alLexX said:
that is way too small for the sharks,assuming they are bala sharks,they can get to 12" long and are schooling species.

Thanks for your advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom