Filter Cartridge Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only change my filter when the flow through it is bad, which is around 4 to 5 months. I rinse it in the old tank water I suck out every week during my water change. Remember to put your new filter in with the old one for 1 to 2 weeks before you take out the old filter to help get some bacteria growth on the new filter. Hope that helps you.

Thanks, my filter is a juwel on that built in and has different pads in so would u say change one at a time and let it settle in??

I only replace when they are physically falling apart. A good rinse every 3-4 weeks is fine.

I have a topfin 70 running along side with an aqua clear 110. The topfin flow rate seems to slow down after a week or so and when I look at the pad, one side is "sunken" in and is all brown and nasty. Any reason why this happens? I feel like I can't change the media in the aqua clear due to the fact that I'm changing the topfin every two weeks

I have had mine in for nearly a year, they ain't falling apart but seem to be getting dirtier each time I clean them out every two weeks, I was wondering if they are not working as good

Back
Top Bottom