Filter driving me crazy with noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I set up a 29 gallon tank 3 weeks ago with a Tetra Whisper 40 HOB filter. At first it was reasonably quiet. A couple of times it clogged up and got noisy but I just cleaned the filter and motor unit like the instructions said and it quieted down. Last night it started making a racket again. I cleaned out the motor thing, rinsed out the filter in tank water but it is still noisy. I am going to call the Tetra company Monday and see what they say but right now it is driving me crazy. The company I ordered from has a 60 day return policy so I am going to call them and see about returning it and getting a different filter. It being the weekend, I have to put up with the noise. I am three weeks into cycling and I hate to start over. I am going to see if I can order another filter and get it set up with my current filter media before sending the Whisper one back. Hopefully I can.

Here are the two filters I am looking at
Aquarium Filtration and Water Quality: Aqueon QuietFlow Power Filters

Aquarium Filtration Power Filters: Fluval C-Series Multi-Stage Power Filter

If I get the aqueon I would order the 50. If I order the Fluval I would order the C3 if I get a refund on the Whisper or C2 if I don't. Trying to stay under $30 for now.

Anybody have any input on the noise level of these two filters?

I dont know much about whisper filters, but i can give u some suggestions for a replacement filter. I had an aquaclear 50, and i loved it. It has alot of room for filter media which is a plus. It also has an adjustable flow lever. I currently own an aqueon 10. It is extremely quiet, but doesnt have much room for filter media. Im not sure if the aqueon 50 is the same.
I dont know much about the fluval c3, but i really like the aquaclear 50.

Back
Top Bottom