Filter media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have the marineland Bio wheel 350 and have some pre cut blue foam filter pad in it. My question is it worth getting the stuff they say polishes the water and if so what kind and where?

Filter Media

So I have the marineland Bio wheel 350 and have some pre cut blue foam filter pad in it. My question is it worth getting the stuff they say polishes the water and if so what kind and where?

Hello Race...

Carbon media will supposedly polish the water. If you're using media pads, then research a company in Utah. I believe the name is "HGH". They specialize in different types of filter pads.

I've use this brand for years in my filters and it works extremely well. The pads are thin, but very dense and do a good job of filtering out the small water particles that tend to cloud the tank water. The pads are also designed to reduce water odors and phosphates that most algae feeds on.

The padding is shipped in large squares and can be cut to fit. I've found the prices to very competitive too.

Just a thought.

B

I have also heard of the stuff like polyester filter media?

Filter floss, is readily available at any good LFS and polishes the water nicely. As does some polyfiber from arts and crafts shops. Branded filter floss from a good LFS is always the best route if your unsure however just so you don't make a mistake of putting anything unsuitable in your filter.

Back
Top Bottom