Filter wonders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zinnib123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 litre fully planted fully stocked tropical aquarium but I have a 300L/per hour filter is this bad at all for the fish ?

I have a 30 litre fully planted fully stocked tropical aquarium but I have a 300L/per hour filter is this bad at all for the fish ?
It's only bad if it's like a whirlpool inside the tank. Better to over filter than under filter.....

I have 3 guppys 1ram 1black widow tetra 1weather loach and 1 Molly

I have 3 guppys 1ram 1black widow tetra 1weather loach and 1 Molly

You have a lot more to worry about than a overpowered filter sadly.. your tank has some big stocking issues. The weather loach and Molly are very large growing fish that need a 190l and 120l respectively. The ram depending on the type is going to need either a 80l or 120l. Lastly the tetras are schooling fish and get stressed out when all alone which can lead to disease.

I would suggest that you check both www.liveaquaria.com and www.aqadvisor.com for some stocking information.

Hello thankyou but I'm upgrading to a larger tank on Christmas Day so they won't be In there for long and my mistake it was a platy

I don't know yet the girlfriend is getting me one but she said it's a lot bigger it's a Christmas present

Turning the tank over 10 x per hour is great

Just put a spray bar the full length or the back glass to spead the flow

Ok thankyou all and I have got more loaches and black widows

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom