Filterless Goldfish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use filters though. Lol. But I won't go as far as to say BB's plan won't work because it's worked before in the hobby.
Ok have to say something here. I too remember as a teen setting up my first tank with an undergravel filter and plants 45+ years ago. I totally understand the premise of 50/75% weekly WCs and do them when I can but my life is too hectic and unpredictable to commit to doing this. I am a chronic over feeder who is working hard to overcome this issue but without a knowledgeable someone standing over my shoulder when I feed is a VERY hard habit to break. I also can't grow aquarium plants to save my life so I am VERY glad that my HOB is there to CMA[emoji3061]. I only run them with filter floss unless I need to clear a medication out of the water when I'll add carbon. I DO do 50/65% changes as often as I can but I admit its probably more like every 2/3 weeks. Do I wish it was more often YES, do I have fish losses yes again but only when I am particularly negligent about water changes or get lazy and don't quarantine fish from unknown sources (auctions usually)
So BB and Kingfisher some of us are trying to follow your examples but lack your commitment

Back
Top Bottom