Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, we were talking about the colors of your light, I thought you wanted some kind of filter for your light. Lol

Id honestly go with a simple, diy in tank sump. Like, $30 worth of equipment and an hour or so and youve got a nice looking AIO tank.

Does it not help with water clarity? Some fish enjoy strong water flow, others enjoy a more mild flow. No?

I like canisters for the spray bar spread and u can use co2 reactors or inline diffusers with them. Sunsun make cheap canisters and parts are easily available.

I run 2 on my 60g. One for media and the other for water polishing. Seems to work well

Old planted plus is great light. On a 5g you be mid par numbers at substrate. Should be enough to grow about anything..

Yes, we were talking about the colors of your light, I thought you wanted some kind of filter for your light. Lol
Ha! Sorry I tough you were talking about a filter for the tank.

We are talking about a filter on the light. I was asking about a filter for the too, to try and turn down the intensity. Thinking that could be a problem behind why I have a horrible amount of algae.

Old planted plus is great light. On a 5g you be mid par numbers at substrate. Should be enough to grow about anything..
Yeah the plants grow really well. I also have an abundance of algae and I was thinking the light could be too strong?

May be on a shallow tank not balanced. I wanted the light on my 10g but went lower par

You can turn the 24/7 down, but then I believe you loose the 24/7 feature and have to use a timer.
Haven't done it on mine, tank is tall enough l didn't have to.

You can turn the 24/7 down, but then I believe you loose the 24/7 feature and have to use a timer.
Haven't done it on mine, tank is tall enough l didn't have to.
Yeah, I don't have a 24/7. I have the previous planted+ model.

I see I don't know but I assume it's still adjustable. Maybe someone else knows?
Well that would surely be interesting if it was. There is no exterior feature that would allow that functionality. Though I wonder if somehow you could open it and adjust it from the inside. Something to ponder...

If you want to dim the Planted+, try raising it or placing layers of screen material in the path of the light.

I have the Finnex 24/7 Planted plus. I use a combo approach. I want the tank dark at night so about 8pm I set it to the 3am setting but I don't press 24/7. This leaves it at 3 am until I set it. Usually about 6am the next day I press 24/7 and it starts time cycle again. I get to sleep and the plants get their 3 hours of intense light about the time I get home to dose with excel.

Back
Top Bottom