Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie_dave

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about putting some plants that will sit on the surface of the water in my aquarium but then only thing is I use an internal filter with a spray bar and they are likely to get blasted everywhere, so I'm probles going to know the answer to this but anyway here it goes......would anyone suggest not running a filter at all?

Nooooooo! Filters good! Can you just turn in towards the back of the tank? Or slide a sleeve over it with a slot to redirect flow even?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have just remembered it has setting where the water trickles out like a water fall sorry for panicking people hahahaha

All good bro! How's the broken jaw?

He looks a Lil beat up, missing a scale or two there too?

The only other thing I can think if would be freaking out when the lights come on and banging into stuff.. do you go from dark to full light in an instant?

Yeah some times I wonder if he has hurt him self on the bog wood or something I will take loads of tank photos so you can see if there's anything you can see that would hurt them

Even if it was empty.. he freaks out and bashes into the glass... how do you bring the lights up?

Been speaking to the guy I got almond leafs from and he is going to send me some frogbit to try see if it works in my tank not sure what it take to look after because I only have a single t8 bulb in my tank

I turn the lights on about 8.30 I'm the mornin if I'm on early shift or about 3 when I'm on late shift but it does flicker before it come on fully

Is the room pitch dark? I usually turn the room lights on 10 min before tank lights to gently wake them..

Around them times it's really light in the living room and he is always around the top, there are contractors next door putting a new concrete floor in and they have had to use jack hammer to break the old floor up so the vibrations through our walls have been pretty bad couldn't have been that?

Yup, absolutely, a sudden loud bang or crash or even severe vibration could have sent him into a panic. That sucks...

I have been talking to a guy on Facebook about the potential broken jaw and he said it could be lockjaw? I have noticed him doing like a yawning thing I have took better pictures , what do you think?his mouth is open all the time like on the pictures ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402845273.371200.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402845308.402178.jpg

Mine usually has his open a bit too, it's the odd angle yours has which is concerning.. as long as he's eating and color is good I'd just say keep an eye an him is all.. let it heal..

I hope it can sort itself out, the only other thing that is bothering me is that he is hanging round the top of the tank, I have just literally noticed that as well one of my Cory's has a chunk missing out of it back ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402847577.990949.jpg

Back
Top Bottom