Fin Rot on my Badis :C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemurLad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Awww man, looks like my Badis pair has got a case of fin rot. :c They're homed with 3 dwarf puffers and a gaggle of kuhli loaches in my 20gallon.
I've never ever seen the puffers interact aggressively with the Badis, just between themselves on occasion. There's also a crew of ghost shrimp in there to assist in cleanup/be puffer snacks.
Is there any chance the addition of the kuhli's could have brought about the fin rot? Seems like it started appearing when the kuhli's were added.

It's possible... Khulis don't have much fin to rot anyways.. so it might have been harder to catch (see). I guess I can ask... What are the params?

I think it could be fin rot that resulted from fin nipping. Mr. and Mrs. Badis do bicker occasionally. :p
Params:
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = .1(or lower, the test strip was a very light pink)
Temp = 76-78

I added some aquarium salt, which will hopefully help them out. Just hope the kuhlis and puffers aren't affected by it much, seeing as they're scaleless. My guess is the water quality is the culprit, I haven't been keeping up on my water changes lately just been so busy with work and life...

Back
Top Bottom