fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey so a week ago I noticed that my leaf fish had scraped the top of his head/back and his belly I'm guessing trying to squeeze through a hole that was too small. At first it was just a whitish pink scrape but now it looks like the damaged tissue is growing something. Is this fin rot and what can I do?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131118_210526.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131118_210526.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 45
if it is just over the top of where he cut himself or scraped himself, sometimes it does that when it heals. But it being an open wound makes it susceptible to diseases. So I am unsure, It looks like quite a lot to just be a healing wound.

I would make sure the tank is very clean until this is fixed. Up the temp about 3-4 degrees every couple of hours and keep us updated.

I might not hurt to add a little fungal medication. But if you make sure the tank is clean it might just go away on its own. Any other symptoms?

This definitely does not look like fin rot to me, it is either a healing wound or a fungus.

Back
Top Bottom