Final Plan 55 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquastrategist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok guys, I've made a lot of posts about my complicated tank situation but here it is in detail.
Currently I have a 25 Gallon which I will be getting rid of, it has:
· 1 Angelfish
· 8 Neons
· 5 Red platies
· 3 Turquoise Rainbowfish
· 3 Cory Cats
Also, I have a 5 gallon tank with 15 platy fry, I estimate at least half with make it to maturity.
This January I will be switching to my 55 gallon with all those fish. What would you recommend I do for everything? ( if fish will be ok, if I should become some, and most importantly what others I should add) PLEASE HELP!

Aquastrategist said:
Ok guys, I've made a lot of posts about my complicated tank situation but here it is in detail.
· 1 Angelfish
· 8 Neons
· 5 Red platies
· 3 Cory Cats
Also, I have a 5 gallon tank with 15 platy fry, I estimate at least half with make it to maturity.
This January I will be switching to my 55 gallon with all those fish. What would you recommend I do for everything? ( if fish will be ok, if I should become some, and most importantly what others I should add) PLEASE HELP!

Cories are schooling fish, so you need atleast 5 when you get them in the 55. Your familiar with cycling a tank right?

Yes, I was planning to have around 8 corys and I am familiar with tank cycling. What about the other fish (my fry will obviously be move to the 55)

Yes, I was planning to have around 8 corys and I am familiar with tank cycling. What about the other fish (my fry will obviously be moved to the 55) and what other fish could I add?

Aquastrategist said:
· 1 Angelfish
· 8 Neons
· 5 Red platies
· 3 Cory Cats

The only problem I see with your stock list is the Angela and neons. Once the angel gets big enough the neons will be seen as lunch. I have an angel that I had two platys with and they got along perfectly fine. I say had because i moved them back to my 10g Because they were hiding all the tjme in my 30, moved them back to my 10g (their original home) and they are much more happy. I've heard angels can be ok with some fish and not ok with others, just depends on the personality. My angel seems to be very laid back and tolerates all my fish well.

I would strongly suggest more rainbows! They are very hardy fish and are available in do many different colors and varieties! New guineas are thus far my favorite:)

Back
Top Bottom