Finally gave in to the cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
While I was at Petco today I finally got to looking at the Cory Cats, I cannot say that I have ever been to particular on this bottom feeder but I thought that it was kinda cute :)

I bought two Julli Cory Cats
20120914_142552.jpg
And two Peppered Cory Cats
20120914_143034.jpg

They have adjusted well so far and my betta has seemed to have taken a liking to following the group of them around the tank, he has even chased the Emperor Tetra away from the Cory Cats a few times and goes back to following them. I'm just hoping that his new sudden affection for them doesn't turn sour.

While I was at Petco today I finally got to looking at the Cory Cats, I cannot say that I have ever been to particular on this bottom feeder but I thought that it was kinda cute :)

I bought two Julli Cory Cats
View attachment 118524
And two Peppered Cory Cats
View attachment 118525

They have adjusted well so far and my betta has seemed to have taken a liking to following the group of them around the tank, he has even chased the Emperor Tetra away from the Cory Cats a few times and goes back to following them. I'm just hoping that his new sudden affection for them doesn't turn sour.

Can you take a video of this and put it on youtube? I'd love to see that.

I was never big on cory cat's either but recently got 4 Peppered cory. I love these guys, they're always on the move and if the light hits them just right they are really pretty!! Doing the video is a great idea, I'd love to see them as well.

I got my tank set up and I have 5 different cories in it. Panda, juli, peppered, albino, and rabauti. I have one of each and they all school together.

Awesome corys! Julii corys are definitely my second favorite cory. (Panda Corys are first)

How did you get the Emperor Tetras and Betta to get along? My Emperors are pretty nippy little dudes, and my betta attacks everything.......there would be casualties galore if I put them together......

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Bud, my emperor tetras are very calm and peaceful and so is my betta. So far I have not had any problems between them.

Adorable! Yeah I was never a big cory fan, but then I walked into a fish shop and I fell in love with the sterbais. I then bought a 30 and started getting a stock list going. I went for pandas. I'm getting another 30-40g and of course I'm getting pandas! I think I'm gonna get 8 then let them mature. Work out who's male and female separate them. All in all I will have 16 spread out between two tanks. Then when I want bubbas I just setup my ten and put the males and female in it! ;) only one baby has survived by staying in the main tank from me before.

I got the Cory bug last year as well. I had a pool filter sand/ gravel tank set up with endlers looking for some tankmates. My fish club had their auction and when I saw the sterbai I had to have them. They're about 6 months old now and tuesday I pick up my blackworms at our club meeting. That should get them breeding. I can't wait.

Fdsh5 said:
I got the Cory bug last year as well. I had a pool filter sand/ gravel tank set up with endlers looking for some tankmates. My fish club had their auction and when I saw the sterbai I had to have them. They're about 6 months old now and tuesday I pick up my blackworms at our club meeting. That should get them breeding. I can't wait.

Forgot to add a picture of mister attitude who just sits there and stares at you

Attachments

• image-775487850.jpg
    image-775487850.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 90
There are no non-cory fans, just misguided individuals who are yet to have their hearts melted :)

Very cute cories btw :)

Are they particularly cute when in motion?

Personally think they are very cute when snuffling for food or swimming up and down bubble walls etc. Very distinctive shimmy movements.

Back
Top Bottom