Finally!!!! My first SW tank begins!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on starting !! I started about 6 months ago. The most helpful thing I've read so far. ."a few minutes of research before a purchase can save you weeks of headaches". Haha I try to pick out fish go home research for a week figure out if that item will really work for you and you schedule and aquarium. Then decide.

How long does it take for the live rock to start turning purple?

Depends on each individual tank
For example if you buy a lot of live rock with coralline algae already on it. It will probably take a lot less time
I didn't have any except a few small rocks I purchase until a few weeks ago.
Now that I've been closely monitoring the KH and calcium levels. It's taken off! It's on every surface of my tank
My tank is right at 6 1/2 months

Don't get purple up. It's not necceseasaasserwaaaaey. <not sure what happened there
But it eventually covers pumps and can cause problems so dot be in a rush for it

Yeah. Having to constantly scrape it off the glass is a PITA!

Although I like it on the back glass as it hides equipment back there without painting.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404020272.333936.jpg
Over the last few days I've noticed little bushels like this pop up on my live rock any clue to what it might be?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What are your water parameters like? And where in the tank is the area ? ( low flow, high flow, low light etc).
I get some tiny tufts of algae that look similar when my nitrates get higher. The hermit crabs make short work of it

It's close to the bottom getting water tested today and water flow is medium

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom