finally settled on a stock plan for 75 (I think)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuG

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, after some input from the family, who actually seemed quite interested for a change so I figured I'd better run with it, here's what we came up with:

11 Pristella Tetra
11 Harlequin Rasbora
5 sterbai cory
4 swordtail (1m/3f) - (would love Koi swordtail, but I know they're kinda hard to find.)
7 cherry barb
5 otocinclus
10 amano shrimp

The amano's and Oto's I probably won't add until further down the road when the tank has been well established. I also will probably divide the other stock in half and stock it 50% one week, and then the other 50% a few weeks later.
Sound good?

That does sound good. Honestly, you still have space. With a tank that size, you may well get a few more corys. They love groups anyway. You can easily get 8.
You have space for a centerpiece fish or 2 as well if you want. But hey, you sounds happy with your stock list, and thats what counts. :)

Really? I figured that was looking pretty full.
I had thought about some kind of centerpiece, would love an angel, but wasn't sure if it would be thinking of nipping at the others.
I also had considered a couple of keyhole cichlids, but thought the bottom might start being a bit full.
I'm open to suggestions.

Really? I figured that was looking pretty full.
I had thought about some kind of centerpiece, would love an angel, but wasn't sure if it would be thinking of nipping at the others.
I also had considered a couple of keyhole cichlids, but thought the bottom might start being a bit full.
I'm open to suggestions.
I think an angel would be fine. Some get jerky, but in general, I think this would be a good set-up for one. Cherry barbs are not nippy like their tiger barb relatives. I think the rasboras are spade shaped enough to prevent them form being lunch. Usually, I suggest angel tankmates be at least 2 inches or spade shaped. I read the the h. rasbora reacj llike 1.75 inches, so I think that would be fine. And, IME, swords and angels don't care about each other. I have a single keyhole with my corys and kuhlis, and he is fine. I cannot say about a pair though because I have not done it. A pair of rams would probably be ok though because they would have enough room to set up a territory and the corys wouldn't be cramped.

okeydoke. When we head to the LFS I may end up taking a look at the angels too then.

Back
Top Bottom