finally!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so its taken probably 6 weeks but i just checked my water and im almost 100% sure my tank is finally cycled...IM SUPER EXCITED. I get to start stocking...ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5ppm

How are you cycling your tank? With fish in or an ammonia source? Judging by your test results I would say you are cycled and ready to stock.

It is possible you could still be cycling. Just keep your nitrites and ammonia below .25ppm and you should have no problems. Just go easy on your stocking, do it slowly and in small amounts till you are at your desired stocking level.

well it was fish in but it was 8 pristella tetras, 2 corys, and 1 albino bristlenose pleco....evertime I check my levels its ammonia0, nitrite0, nitrate 5........I've also had about 4-6 plants in it, that's why im guessing the nitrates stay so low right now

and i've been running activated carbon since I set it up but im about to take that out in my next water change and either use another sponge or more biomax and then just use some pol-fil to pull out the tannins cause it doesn't seem like the carbon is doing anything and I change it like directed....it'll probably be replaced with another sponge cause that's what I've git plenty of. or do you recommend biomax instead of a sponge

Back
Top Bottom