Finicky Potter's Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Potter's Angel that was being used as a cleaner fish for several weeks at a LFS.
Brought him home and set him up in his own tank for a while to make sure there are no issues.

Anyhow, he's happily swimming about nibbling on the LR for traces of algae.
But, he won't eat prepared foods.

I've tried seaweed salad, seaweed selects, selcon or garlic extreme soaked - live ghost, mysis, brine, formula 2, squid and cyclopeeze.
He just ignored it all.. or watches it float about... then goes right back to picking at the rocks.

Anyone have specific info as to what macros these guys would like? (I have numerous strains of culurpa growing in a tank I can transplant)
Or another approach to getting him to eat any of the prepared items?

Been about a week.. I 'super' saturated with garlic (half again the directions on a bit more water) the ro/di water for tonights feeding..adding some brine (ungh)... The mix was formula 2, brine and zooplank... The angel did go pick a few pieces off the intake of a powerhead.. I imagine it's just being picky, not starving (in no way does it look bad, I just get concerned when things don't eat.. I've had far better luck then I should with things eating).

I did add some grape, which I read they might like.

I also read further and in some cases it can take a long while for angels (especially this particular specimen) to eat..
There's plenty of LR in a large tank for the guy (decidedly male colored), so he has the basics and seems happy with it for the most part..

Just like to take care of my critters, so I figured I'd post is all..the fish certainly seems happy and acts according to spec, just wish he'd eat the vitamin enriched stuff I try.

That and cleaning up after attempts is a pain :)

Anyhow.. I spose in nature, since they feed on macro n detritous, he's happy enough just 'suckin rock'.. but I still try..

(The system he is existing in is a fairly well established large tank with 2x LR per g..so there is plenty of space and tiny macro growth to suffice...only tank memeber until he's situated)

Grape caulerpa.
He didn't seem to want anything to do with it tho.
I think the current in the tank might be keeping him away from it.
I intend to turn off the ph's tonight to see if when it's just stationary he'll go for it.

Back
Top Bottom