Finishing the Stocking 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freyar

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to add a couple more fish to my 55 gallon planted tank. I want a smaller shoaling fish, preferably a silverish, black or white color. All my fish are small and grey and I like that it makes the tank look natural. I have in the tank right now, 6 zebra danios, 5 peppered cories and a pearl gourami. I want some ottos, I have some algae and I want maybe 3-4. Would this work and I want something else too. Ideas?

I want to add a couple more fish to my 55 gallon planted tank. I want a smaller shoaling fish, preferably a silverish, black or white color. All my fish are small and grey and I like that it makes the tank look natural. I have in the tank right now, 6 zebra danios, 5 peppered cories and a pearl gourami. I want some ottos, I have some algae and I want maybe 3-4. Would this work and I want something else too. Ideas?

Do you want to add more species or up your current numbers you could do both IMO you still have a good amount of space to work with. Black skirt tetras would be nice.

I thought black skirt tetras would nip. I really do like them but I was worried that they might chase my pearl gourami.

I dont have any personal experience with the Black Skirts, but from what Ive read about them online they shouldnt fin nip that much (or at all, ideally) if you have them in a decent sized school (7+).
Im sure somebody on here has first hand experience with them though.

I dont have any personal experience with the Black Skirts, but from what Ive read about them online they shouldnt fin nip that much (or at all, ideally) if you have them in a decent sized school (7+).
Im sure somebody on here has first hand experience with them though.

I have a school of eight and they don't nip. As long alas the school is large enough you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom