Firefish disappeared:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Usually he comes right out in the morning and swims around. I can't find a trace of him today. Checked the area around the tank and nothing. Checked all around the tank with a flash light...nothing. I only have a brittle starfish, some red and blue hermits, pistol cleaner and peppermint shrimp and two emerald crabs. I have no idea who would have got him:(

If the firefish died overnight there would be nothing left of him with the brittle and hermits in the tank.

fishfreek said:
If the firefish died overnight there would be nothing left of him with the brittle and hermits in the tank.

i just can't believe he would have died. He was out looking good, eating as normal...blah blah blah. Nothing suspicious. THen just gone. It's really wierd but i'm pretty sure he's dead. But your right about the starfish and the hermits....they really do clean up fast.

this sucks, now i have to get another fish and qt it for a month. Anyone have a fish suggestion for a 75g that's reef safe?

I posted this same problem last week with mine. He hid all day. Didn't even come out for feeding. I thought he was dead. He finally came out for about 30 minutes that day about 6 hours after lights on then darted back into the rock work. Since then, he's acted normal and is out all day.

Wait until tomorrow to declare him dead. He just might suprise you. There's still hope.

Sorry about that. It sucks to lose a fish but it seems to happen to all of us for no reason at all sometimes.

As far as new fish, why not just stick with the firefish. If not a Royal Gramma or a black and purple gramma (forget the name) are other cool fish. A borderline reef safe fish is a Coral Beauty. I have no trouble with mine bothering corals, but some have.

welp...i found him...all dried up next to the tank. I look and looked before and didn't see him. Found his dried up body probably 3-4 feet to the right of the tank. Not exactly sure how he did that cause the only part of the canopy that isn't covered is the back. Unless something moved him...i have no idea how he got just the right angle to shoot out of the back like that. Anyways...guess i should have put that net on the back like i said i would instead of shrugging it off:(

i'm thinking maybe he jumped when i was redoing the aquascape. Cause that's about the same time he dissappeared. Another lesson learned :cry:

Mine once again decided to hide yesterday and hasn't been seen since. I'm sure he's ok after my previous experience,

i've pretty much come to the conclusion that he jumped out when i redid the aquascape. It makes the most sense. So this serves as a waring to all those with firefish...if you re-aquascape your tanks...be ready for your firefish to attemp carpet surfing.

i just lost my firefish too. he hide somewhere in the rocks for few days then later swimming around in the tank for 2 days. today i found it died. sucks.

this is the 4th time i buy fire fish.
i was wondering do we need to get them more than one? so that they have company? because i bought one everytime and they just died after few days later. water parameter and other fishes are all fine and healthy.

do you think i should get like 2 in once?

I lost mine about 6 months ago. Still have no idea where it went. I think it's safe to assume that I won't see it again though. Sounds like a scary camfire story when I say that "I never found the body."

Back
Top Bottom