First Agressive Tank ::HELP::

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlsschmidt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK, I've finally decided to do it. I'm going to start my first ever agressive saltwater tank. I have the tank, it's 50 gallons. But I haven't decided the type of fish I want to get. I'm new to this saltwater stuff and I'm afraid of over populating or choosing fish that are too difficult for me to keep. Right now I'm thinking about choosing a trigger and a puffer and possibly a snoflake moray. Does anyone have any good advice?

Welcome to AA :invasion: I`m just afraid that might be quite an endeavor those three to start off with. It also sounds like a big load for that size tank. I`ve never had a predator tank but that`s my guess from looking at the occupants.Good Luck

Indeed, melosu58 is correct in that is alot of bioload for a 50 gallon tank. Some of the things that will determine the amount of fish you can keep will be what type of filtration and skimmer that you are running, along with what type of maintenance you plan on doing. Except for a few of the smaller species of puffer, they are not appropriate for that tank size. A small snowflake would be ok for awhile. Keep in mind,depending on the predator, it also will cut your options for a clean up crew.

50gal IMO isnt really big enough to house any predatory fish except maybe a dwarf lion, as Hara suggested you could put a small snowflake in there but as most predatory fish get quite large I'd suggest something over 100gal for a tank you are wanting..

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom