First ever aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harpreno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally (!) got my 10 gallon tank cycled, and my betta seems happy. Just had to post the beginning of a whole new chapter in my life as a fishmother...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 85
Beautiful tank!

Bettas always look so much better and are way more active in larger tanks.

What is in the blue bowl? I really like the look of it in the tank. Are those little plastic pumpkins in the corner?

Thank you!

I'm so happy the tank turned out as it did--I was on a budget (who knew a free rescue fish would have such a price tag????).

The blue bowl is high-fired ceramic that I made in a class. I thought I'd start my first plants in it, in sterilized soil covered with rocks, but they don't seem any happier than the ones I just plunked in the substrate.

The little pumpkins are glass, given to me on Halloween. I hope they are non-reactive. If I find out where they came from, I'll post it here.

I have 2 bettas and they both have cost me a lot of money but when you're the owner of a pretty betta you want them to be stunning.

If the pumpkins aren't painted you should be ok because the dye is mixed into the glass (same as the colored stones people use in aquariums).

I don't know anything about dirting plants in an aquarium so I would be of no help. All my tanks are sand. There are a few people on the forum that do have dirted tanks and they could probably give you some info.

Oops, my thank you got sent without its message. I wanted to say thanks for the reassurance about the safety of the pumpkins!

if your fish is peaceful enough you could possibly add a platy or molly or small tetras... but the bettas attitude must cooperate

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom