First frag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cabezon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a red mushroom that was not attaching well, so I used some super glue gel to attach it to a frag plug. well, it decided to rip off. I attached it again. weeks later, I just noticed, a tiny little mushroom where the first gluing came off.

lol. accidental frag :multi:

Attachments

• CIMG8014.jpg
    CIMG8014.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 104
Noice! I love that mushroom! It's looking fantastic. Can you get a better shot of it with some better lighting? It looks a tad dark.. :p

I did not turn on the day lights, but I can. I have two purple mushrooms too. They shrink to a quarter size at night and open up to about 5" during the day. one is bigger than the other, so they fight for light. sometimes the smaller one extends tall enough to get a little over the big one. Sometimes it doesn't and looks sad all day.

here are some with the lights on. a little later I'll get some after they have opened.

Attachments

• CIMG8019.jpg
    CIMG8019.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 84
  • CIMG8020.jpg
    CIMG8020.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 87
Beautiful. When i set up my next tank im definitely going with some shrooms. What size tank are those in? And under what lighting?

thanks. they were $10 frags when I got them.

the tank is a 70 gallon. 48X18X20. it has the same front as a regular 55 gal, but 6 more inches from to back for more sand in front of the rocks. I would definitely recommend that the tank you get be more deep dimension even if it is a 40 gal. the light is a 2X96 watt PC in a 36" fixture. sux. and you can see a 2X24 watt T5 on top that is my dusk/dawn light. both fixtures have one actinic and one white bulb. the T5 will have two actinic when I can afford $20 for a new bulb to replace the other that burnt out.

I am unemployed and $$$ has been a big issue on the set up. I have scanned craigslist religiously. the original setup, and upgrade to 70 were both free (what a huge blessing) the two T5 fixtures came with, one is on the FW tank. the PC I bought for $100 with a fluval 404, test kit and some other knick knacks. Florida rock was free, the sand is from the beach with snails and hermits, dead coral came with free tank, the live rock was also from the guy that sold me the light-- $80 with button polyps, serpent star and emerald crab. the two clowns and the hippo came from a guy that sold all 3 for $25. There is a skimmer in the sump that was $50, a 12" t5 in the sump that came with something else and a DIY denitrator coil. The xenia, GSP, red cap and stick on the left came from a really cool reefer for $20. The wife bought the torch for $30 because she liked it. and she is the boss.

Attachments

• CIMG8024.jpg
    CIMG8024.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 82
the clowns did not host the shroom, they are just camera hams.

Attachments

• CIMG8026.jpg
    CIMG8026.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom