First ICH outbreak in almost 2 years! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I introduced some new fish out of a feeder tank and things have went down hill..... My buenos aires have developed ICH! I believe the culprit is a mystery rainbowfish that is alone and terrorizing the buenos (they have torn fins). The only other new fish is a young jewel cichlid.
How do I treat? I do not want to use salt because of my stock but I would prefer not using meds too. If I tank out the infected fish would the rest be ok probably?

Also an unrelated question what do I feed jewel cichlids and angelfish? They dont seem to like flakes. They attack betta pellets but then spit them out.....

No salt and meds? Try raising the temperature to 86° for approximately two weeks. During that time, water changes every day with a focus on heavily siphoning of the substrate.

I have also heard of hobbyists moving their fish from one tank to another, back and forth, every four days for three weeks. This procedure is in combination with the higher temperature.

David

+1 for temp/pwc method although I turn my temp up to 31C/88F and leave it there for at least 7 days after the last spot disappears.
My angel fish love catfish pellets, micro wafers/pellets, bloodworm and daphnia.

Back
Top Bottom