First PWC with a Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsgracia

Aquarium Advice Addict
OMG I'm in love with the people who invented this... haha! Usually takes me 30 mins due to having to use buckets and it was cut down to 15 mins with having to do 50%. If you don't already have one buy one NOW!

I did a 50% last night, and my back was breaking after buckets and buckets. I am seriously getting one of these ASAP. I have to order mine though. LFS doesn't have it. :(

OMG I'm in love with the people who invented this... haha! Usually takes me 30 mins due to having to use buckets and it was cut down to 15 mins with having to do 50%. If you don't already have one buy one NOW!

I know right?

Mine came with our 80g set up, the guy threw it in because he wanted to be rid of all his aquarium stuff. After the first use, I was in love. Now with having 14 tanks, the only way I'd stop using it is if someone pried it out of my cold, dead hand.

Engel said:
I did a 50% last night, and my back was breaking after buckets and buckets. I am seriously getting one of these ASAP. I have to order mine though. LFS doesn't have it. :(

Had to order mines online too because we only have the Aqueon version here. I do hear good things about that one too.

Welcome to the world of bucket-less water changing :)

Whether you get the real Python brand, the lees brand from walmart, or some other brand, they all work pretty much the same. I have the lees from walmart, its been real good to me. People see my tank and ask how much and how often I change the water. I tell them 50% weekly. They give me this stupid look and ask if it takes all week. I show them my 'python' and they're like "... oh..." ;)

The python saved us a lot of work cycling our 75 with fish. For a week Into the 5Th and 6Th week we did two 75 to 80 % changes a day. Set it up got it going and watched TV while it did it thing LOL. We let a trickle come out in the sink with thermometer in it to keep a check on water temp when refilling.
I'm an old water bed person and knew of pythons from that.

I had the same reaction when I first used it.
My first time wasn't as successful, though. I didn't tighten the stop valve enough and the water blew everywhere from all the pressure on the way back to my tank to put the siphon back in!

Back
Top Bottom