First real set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

profchaos71

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok,so just before i left on deployment to the middle east,i bought a used 55 gallon glass tank,and two Tiger Oscars. When i go home on leave this april,i want to upgrade to a 150 gallon acrylic.I of course want to switch over to a canister filter. I have seen a lot of good things online regarding EHEIM.

Can someone give me any good advice in general,and more to the point, give me some advice on the best canister filter for such a tank?

profchaos71 said:
Ok,so just before i left on deployment to the middle east,i bought a used 55 gallon glass tank,and two Tiger Oscars. When i go home on leave this april,i want to upgrade to a 150 gallon acrylic.I of course want to switch over to a canister filter. I have seen a lot of good things online regarding EHEIM.

Can someone give me any good advice in general,and more to the point, give me some advice on the best canister filter for such a tank?

I've got 2 oscars in a 150. I use a fluval fx5 and my water is crystal clear!!! And thank you for your service!

fx5, rena xp4's, larger eheim models, there are tons to choose from. I am running 2 aqua clear 110's and a large sponge filter on my 90 gallon oscar tank. I like the aqua clears for their mechanical filtration. If I were you I would get an aquaclear 110 and pair it up with a canister and you will be good to go

I would go with the eheim they seem to move a lot more water. I had cloudy water in my African cichlid tank while using a fluval and I switched over to the eheim and it cleared the water up withing 4 hours.

Back
Top Bottom