First saltwater tank: Dwarf sea horses(read before telling me not to)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm rather paranoid about buying live rock, or wild caught sea animals because if the parasites some might have. Does the stuff at petco have a guarantee that nothing harmful will come with it? If not then I probably won't get it.

If your gonna get live rock there is always a possibility that something will hitch hike into your tank.
But to be honest, most of the hitchhikers I've received from my live rock has all been awesome, interesting, little creatures.
And I did get so Athrina stars on my last like rock I bought.
I bet if you asked the guys down at the fish store they would find some for you.

I thought about getting dwarfs but I opted for the lined seahorse (hippocampus erects) mainly because I have a 40 gal I want to make into a saltwater reef..but then I could use my spare 10 gal an make it into a mini reef..I'm looking forward to ur progress. You should really google the dwarfs I found a lot of great sites that has a lot of info. Cant think of them off the top of my head but when I get on my computer or visit them again I'll let u kno..I did a lot of my research on my phone as well so I kno what u mean lol

I live 45 minutes away from the nearest Humane pet store. I'll see what I can do though. The pet store near my house doesn't take care of their creatures. So I refuse to buy from them. They also only sell freshwater products. Well looks like a trip is in order.

Wow, go you! Now if only we can get half the adults that enter this hobby, to do as much research as you!

Thanks then! I couldn't be sure since I'm not the only one planning a seahorse tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom