first SW fish purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetonyage

Aquarium Advice Regular
so after testing my water 2 days in a row and getting readings of 0 ammonia 0 nitrate and 0 nitrite and 0 phosphate and a ph of 8.4 and 8 dkh ive decided the time has come to stock my 125 gallon reef. i acquired a six line wrasse and 3 green damsels. theyre still acclimating at this time but im excited and had to tell someone :D. ill try to get some pics up when theyre in the DT.

Congrats.

Do you have a complete stocking plan laid out yet?

Did you do a large PWC after all the readings were at 0 for a week, then test again? Just stating an accepted plan...

I take it you don't have a QT tank yet. I would suggest getting one (doesn't have to be big) and using it for ALL future aquisitons. Getting Ich in a 125 with 18+ pounds of LR and 8 - 10 fish is not fun (from personal experience).

Remember to GO SLOW as "Nothin GOOD ever happens FAST in a salt water aquarium" That includes stocking it. So please wait a month before adding any additional livestock.

Congrats!

thank you

Congrats.

Do you have a complete stocking plan laid out yet?

Did you do a large PWC after all the readings were at 0 for a week, then test again? Just stating an accepted plan...

I take it you don't have a QT tank yet. I would suggest getting one (doesn't have to be big) and using it for ALL future aquisitons. Getting Ich in a 125 with 18+ pounds of LR and 8 - 10 fish is not fun (from personal experience).

Remember to GO SLOW as "Nothin GOOD ever happens FAST in a salt water aquarium" That includes stocking it. So please wait a month before adding any additional livestock.

thanks for the congrats. i did a 30% water change each day and tested after the pwc. and yes and no with the stocking plan, i know the damsels can be territorial so well see how that goes cuz i would really like to get a tang next. no QT as of yet but one will be setup before i add anymore fish.

Back
Top Bottom