First SW Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait for it to get really settled in here. Only about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" at this point and not too colored up yet. I'm looking forward to this being a great experience and for now just the K.I.S.S. method. Figuring a couple days to a week before they get used to a home setting and out of their "getting stared at" they were so used to environment.

My goby didn't really warm up for about a month. I had to keep moving rocks to make sure he was alive, it worried me for a while. However, now he's as happy as can be. Mines pry 2-3".. Grown a lot and has colored up noticeably.

My goby didn't really warm up for about a month. I had to keep moving rocks to make sure he was alive, it worried me for a while. However, now he's as happy as can be. Mines pry 2-3".. Grown a lot and has colored up noticeably.

Lol, about the rocks !! I was pondering that also ?. Thanks for that info. Good stuff to know as far as a possible timeline to expect. ??. Checking on things this morning, either the shrimp and/or the Goby were quite busy again. Sand is more re-scaped again.

I think the shrimp & the goby are in cahoots with one another. Good thing they agree on re-scaping ??

I'm totally convinced they are now. Both milling about in the same areas and awoke to more sand moved around again. I think I'll move the rocks to get them to start over lol.

I'm totally convinced they are now. Both milling about in the same areas and awoke to more sand moved around again. I think I'll move the rocks to get them to start over lol.

But they did so much work!!! Haha, I miss my pistol shrimp :(

But they did so much work!!! Haha, I miss my pistol shrimp 

Bribo, want one or three... I've got babies lol.

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay now !!!!! Who's ready for a real facepalm moment ??? Recently (I. The last two weeks or so ?) a builder friend of mine came over and helped put together a new stand for the 55 DT. Came out nicely and all is well. So get to the point already !!!! Over the last 2-3 days, every once in a while, both my girl and I have been hearing this "pop" for lack of a better word, at the oddest times, but if I had to pinpoint it I would say most often when it's dark.

So last night while watching the Rangers get forced into a game 6 (no I'm not a happy camper) it happens again to the point we both looked at each other and then around the room. I was looking into the kitchen and she says "No, it was closer. Like right here.", pointing near the tanks. I start thinking "Oh *#+=!!! The stand is cracking !!"

I'm just getting ready to stand up and I turn to my girl with a big smile and no explanation. So she says "What ??" HAHAHAHA !!!!!!!! It was the Pistol Shrimp !!!! I couldn't believe it. We both actually heard it and had absolutely no clue what the hell was going on !!!! I've read over and over many times that you could hear it but it just never dawned on either of us that we were listening to that little thing. Life is grand !!!

Back
Top Bottom