First time guppy owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Becky60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi - my name is beck. I am 73 and this is my first aquarium ever, so I am pretty old and pretty stupid when it comes to knowing how to do an aquarium. I have figured out a lot of things, but so far I haven’t killed my poor 5 original female guppies (and 2 fry-more about that later). Back to the stupid part. I thought I could buy a tank and fill it up and enjoy some cute guppies. Thank GOD I started reading forays. This is the first one I have joined. I ordered and received my 5 female guppies (who very shortly after) proceeded to have many many babies. I didn’t have much luck with fry babies, but I do still have 2 which I am having trouble with because I can’t figure out how to feed them enough without over feeding the girls. I guess you knew now that I had no idea that female guppies could have so many fry multiple times without a male -many many fry but i do still have 2.. please someone tell me how I can feed them without filling the mama. All of this adventure started around the time COVID hit.

I have really gotten into water parameters, but for now will leave with the one question about feeding the 2 little fry.

Thanks
Beck

there are specifc food for fry that is like a powder for their small mouths. so you wouldnt have to worry about over feeding the guppies.

Back
Top Bottom