Fish Aquarium Rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squeaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
As some might remember from another one of my threads, my husband was given a 10 gallon tank (he was told it was a 55g) along with all of it's occupants and all accessories for the tank ie. filter, hood/light deco. and gravel. We arrived not knowing what we were going to find as far as fish, the poor kid didn't know anything about them.

1 - Neon Tetra
1 - Red Eye Tetra
1 - Danio Glofish
1 - Zebra Danio
3 - Various Plecos

When we arrived to pick the aquarium up we were surprised to see that these poor fish were living without any heat or bubbler. My husband is the one who put his hands in the very, very cold water to rescue these poor fish.

Needless to say I was very happy to be taking these poor babies home with us. After a very long drip acclimation we introduced these guys to our hospital tank. After a few days it was determined that they weren't sick, so we introduced them to our 29g tank.

I have to say, I've recently read some where, referring to the Danios as Espresso Jumping Beans. Boy were they right, the Danios have been all over my tank and hanging out with my Endler's. Moe, the Red Eye Tetra tends to hang/hide out in our cave and the Neon, has had me a little worried, his back fin looked like it has been nipped off, and he twitches a lot almost like spasms. But he has been eating and his tail is starting to grow back.

Now the plecos I don't know what to do with them, the one I think is a BN has been introduced in to my fry nursery aquarium, and the other two have been added to my 29g. I plan on starting a planted aquarium soon, and will move the other BN(I think) to that aquarium. The other one I believe is a Feather Fin Pleco, but I haven't been able to get a good look at any other than the one in the nursery.

I just wanted to share my rescue with everyone.

Have a great night!! :fish2:

That twitching might be the sign of something major, a lot of things are sub categories of twitching in fish. Make sur to keep a close eye on that poor fish and his recovery. Anyways, great work, keep us posted im definitely interested and best of luck to you and your rescapees!

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

That twitching might be the sign of something major, a lot of things are sub categories of twitching in fish. Make sur to keep a close eye on that poor fish and his recovery. Anyways, great work, keep us posted im definitely interested and best of luck to you and your rescapees!

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

I've been keeping a good eye one Screech(his new name). He's being more social with his tank mates.

I know, I'm obsessed with my fish. Lol...I stay home to take care of my mother-in-law. So, I get to play with my fish all the time...

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp...

10g Tropical Freshwater 13 various Endler and Molly fry, 4 Pepper Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp...

I had a twitching tetra with a damaged fin too ... Gimpy swam vertically for a few weeks, then got back to horizontal, and was always able to eat. He did ok for several months until I upgraded the filter. If there's a swimming issue I'd suggest some extra precaution with the filter intake.

Good save!

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom