Fish Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooking12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, one day I was bored and decided to draw, color, and cut out life sized images of tropical fish. Since my kribs bred, the pair has had quarrels with each other, and to take their attention off of each other, in conjunction with having added two smaller juvenile krib males, I put the picture up against the glass. Amazingly, the male (it was a picture of a male) attacked it with vigor as if it was an actual fish. The female seemed nonchalant, occasionally nipping at it. The fry, being truly unexpected in their reaction, treated it as a third parent, following it in schools around the aquarium. Amazed by this, I made two more, this time of different fish. One was of the species badis badis, and one a German blue ram. They didn't seem to care about the badid, but the ram made them flip. The conclusion of this experiment for me was: I love my fish!!! And from this one small poorly conducted experiment I've learned that fish do rely on vision heavily and have evolved to be more aggressive toward their own species more so than others in territories.

Very interesting but I wouldn't do it too often only because your fish constantly attacking the hard glass probably isn't to healthy for the fish.

I understand the ideology behind them not attacking the hard glass and you're absolutely right. I wondered about that too but I wasn't sure. And as for pictures they'll be up momentarily.

Back
Top Bottom