Fish being weird after move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexjdavis19

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it weird that my neon tetras are absolutely terrified of me? They were fine for a long time, but I just had to move them upstairs, and about a week later they're acting normal until I walk up to the tank. Then they all go nuts and dart into the corners of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is it weird that my neon tetras are absolutely terrified of me? They were fine for a long time, but I just had to move them upstairs, and about a week later they're acting normal until I walk up to the tank. Then they all go nuts and dart into the corners of the tank.

Several things you can do depending on the size of your tank. Add more neons, make sure they have some type of cover to hide in, get a dither fish.

I have a 10 gallon with 10 neons, and as I said, they act perfectly normal when I'm not walking towards the tank. Once I've stood there for a while they're good too.

I would give them another week to settle down - fish hate being moved and it can take then awhile to de-stress.

I always make sure my fish have a good plant cover in the new tank they are moved to, so they have places to hide and feel safe as they recover. Your fish might appreciate that if you don't have plants in your tank already.

Might be they can see or feel it more now. More vibrations upstairs than down, when people walk around.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Might be they can see or feel it more now. More vibrations upstairs than down, when people walk around.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

That's a good point!

I have three goldfish who must sense the stair vibrations, as they are always there waiting for me, way before they can see me come around the corner!

Add live plants it fixes problems dont add more neons thats too many fish.

I have a bn plec that used to come out all the time, he got beat up by a pictus catfish a few times and now 12 years later he's still terrified of everything. Hopefully with yours they'll go settle in fast

Back
Top Bottom