Fish / Coral Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clown Monarch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed my goniopora was completely retracted after the lights were on 6-7 hrs today. Then I noticed my maroon clown take a couple nibbles at it.

Am I not feeding the clown enough? What's going on?

Clowns will sometimes host in this coral. Maybe he is feeling it out. Unless the behavior continues its probably nothing to worry about.

As if goniopora didn't have a hard enough time surviving in aquaria, yours has to deal with hosting a clownfish :?

Anything other than an anemone is going to get irritated by this behaviour, but unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it, short of removing one of them. I guess you could try getting an actual anemone but there's no guarantee the clownfish will switch to it.

Atari - The clown hasn't shown any interest in the corals until today. I've been waiting for the clown to check into one of the 2 gonios in my tank - and this one was the obvious choice - super-fluffy and about as big around as a bowling ball when fully expanded. I thought I saw him in it today but wasn't sure as he swam away quickly.

I hope you're right, phases, because the gonio looks so good in the tank it'll be the clown that goes.

I'd love to see a pic of the goniopora if you have one.. good luck with it, they really are a beautiful coral.

Back
Top Bottom