Fish feeder disk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are time released 7-10 day fish feeder pyramid good or are they garbage. I'm having trouble with my flakes( I feed only a little and more seem to go to the bottom than in the fish) and looking for a different method or type of food. Any advice?

they are only good if your going out of town and they foul your water so you have to take the remaining of the block out and do a water change i wouldnt suggest using them as a main source

Yeah that's what I was thinking they would do as they dissolved. Any suggestions on a different type of food or maybe a different method

what kind of flake food are you using? when i use my tetramin flakes they always end up leaving some behind but when i use my omega one flakes they go crazy and none gets left behind. the omega one flakes are much better In my opinion but they cost as much for .42 ozs as the tetramin do for 1.0 oz so pretty much twice the price at least where i get them

Don't use flake or feeder blocks. Feeder blocks can make a huge mess of your tank and foul the water really quickly. Avoid them at all costs. Flakes aren't much better IMO. It's best to stick to a high quality pellet food. Makes less of a mess and are higher in nutritional content.

I thought pellets are for bettas or single fish aquariums

Oh ok thx so much, I was thinking of that, I feed pellets to my betta and gonna switch over to pellets for my community if fancy guppies, tetras, I'm sure my snails and ghost shrimp will like the leftovers :)

Back
Top Bottom