Fish Feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let the questions begin!:)

What size tank?
What type of tank?
Is it cycled?
What kind of fish?
How many fish?

I read that you go by eye size, as in that s how big their stomachs are. Made sense to me. Always underfed tho. Mine also like the occasional blanched & deshelled peas or zucchini. Some people give them a day to fast or feed once a day or every other day, but I feed small amounts twice a day. My Angelfish feel very strongly about NOT missing a meal!
I d stick to 3 Platy s , they have a large Bio load. Test your water params often & do at least weekly WC.
Hope you get them soon, I really like mine. Lost 2 recently tho, turns out they only live a year .

I feed my livebearers a small amount of flake food three times a day and once they clean that up live baby brine shrimp. The shrimp keep them busy for an hour or two. Keep fry eating down and the fry grow rapidly on bbs.

I've had good luck feeding once a day. Fry on the other hand I feed 5 - 6 times with a daily water change.

I feed once a day. Some people feed only once or twice a week. I wouldn't worry about underfeeding them.

Feeding Your New Fish

Hello! I'm thinking about getting my fish soon. How often do I feed them?

Hello Plat...

I feed my fish 2 times a week and just a little frozen and some vegetable biscuits and a bit of minced garlic. They spend a lot of time searching the tank for leftovers and get their exercise. The added benefit is my tank water stays much cleaner and there's nothing left for algae to grow.

Avoid flaked foods that contain additives that aren't good for your fish. Frozen has no additives, just the frozen animal and water (moisture).

If you have fry in the tank, you'll need to feed a little more and feed every other day.

B

I read that you go by eye size, as in that s how big their stomachs are. Made sense to me. Always underfed tho. Mine also like the occasional blanched & deshelled peas or zucchini. Some people give them a day to fast or feed once a day or every other day, but I feed small amounts twice a day. My Angelfish feel very strongly about NOT missing a meal!
I d stick to 3 Platy s , they have a large Bio load. Test your water params often & do at least weekly WC.
Hope you get them soon, I really like mine. Lost 2 recently tho, turns out they only live a year .

Is it okay to feed just one kind of food? (I plan on using nls or omega one)

Feeding Aquarium Fish

Hello again Plat...

People, fish, plants, or anything else that lives will do best if they eat a variety of nutrients. In the case of fish, their immune system works better, their color is better, they live longer, you name it. I wouldn't want to eat the same diet every day and neither do the fish.

B

I would definitely go with nls over omega one, its a higher quality food. My tropical fish I have love blood worms and brine shrimp too, both I buy in frozen cubes and then thaw in tank water.

Back
Top Bottom