Fish for a 10gallon breeder tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
It was recommended to me to get some type of scavenger for my 10gallon planted apisto tank so that when i have fry there will be something to clean up after feedings of bbs. I am just finding it hard to think of something that wont eat eggs too.

I was thinking maybe some type of cory, or better yet, a group of kuhli loaches?

WaterPond said:
I was thinking maybe some type of cory, or better yet, a group of kuhli loaches?

any would be good.

the only difference is that kuhli loaches are nocturnal and you most likely won't see them.
So i would recommend the cories. They are active during the day and night.

I would recommend pygmy cories as your cleanup crew. They are very well behaved and are very small. I have some in my apisto breeder tank.

I have eight pygmy cories in my 20g. You ought to get at least five. Corydoras habrosus and hastatus would work as well.

I never had a problem with them. The eggs are laid in such small quarters most of the time so defense of the eggs is easy. If it would make you more comfortable you could use a moonlight or something at night.

Back
Top Bottom