Fish for Now Later to be Reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so im going to set my 55 up as a salt water tank. Im going to set it up as a FOWLR For the tank to mature for a good couple month. Then wish to slowly add corals over time.

My question is... Salt. What Salt would you recommend? Any recommendations would be wonderful.

Is it ok to start with Instant Ocean, then slowly transfer to a more reef friendly salt? This is my going to my first real go with corals, so im gonna try to stick to novice corals. I dont Intend to add corals untill the tank has matured say 6 months, after cycle.

JesseMessykinn said:
Ok, so im going to set my 55 up as a salt water tank. Im going to set it up as a FOWLR For the tank to mature for a good couple month. Then wish to slowly add corals over time.

My question is... Salt. What Salt would you recommend? Any recommendations would be wonderful.

Is it ok to start with Instant Ocean, then slowly transfer to a more reef friendly salt? This is my going to my first real go with corals, so im gonna try to stick to novice corals. I dont Intend to add corals untill the tank has matured say 6 months, after cycle.

Instant Ocean is a proven brand for both fish and reef systems and really you cant go wrong. As you become highly stocked with corals you may want to switch to a salt higher in major/minor/trace elements such as Reef Crystals, Red Sea Coral Pro, etc.

Instant Ocean is a proven brand for both fish and reef systems and really you cant go wrong. As you become highly stocked with corals you may want to switch to a salt higher in major/minor/trace elements such as Reef Crystals, Red Sea Coral Pro, etc.

Ok Will it have any bad effects by switching the salt mixture?

JesseMessykinn said:
Ok Will it have any bad effects by switching the salt mixture?

No, when you switch brands the transition is gradual when you do your regular 10-20% partial water changes.

Back
Top Bottom