Fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevieb2k11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 48 litre tank and currently have zebra danios in it i want a fun watching colourfull tank and just wonderd what other fish would i could have and that would make it look good thanks

I have a 48 litre tank and currently have zebra danios in it i want a fun watching colourfull tank and just wonderd what other fish would i could have and that would make it look good thanks

Hey Stevie,

Well first, I need to know how many zebra danios you have. Your tank is around 12 gallons, so depending on how many danios you have you might be filled up.

Besides that point though, Zebra Danios are very friendly fish they will work well in most types of communities.

I have 4 and i just wonderd what type of fish.
I had things like:
Cardinal tetras
Neon tetras
Rasboras
Cherry barbs
Glo light tetras
Siamese fighter fish
And a loach

I have 4 and i just wonderd what type of fish.
I had things like:
Cardinal tetras
Neon tetras
Rasboras
Cherry barbs
Glo light tetras
Siamese fighter fish
And a loach

Well seeing that you have a 12 gallon tank, and 4 zebra danios, you don't have much room to add anyone else in there. Besides the fact that they grow up to two and a half inches, they are schoolers and need more room then say a gourami.

Zebra danios are very active fish, they shouldn't belong in 12 gallons. Sorry if this skids harsh, but I suggest you choose some of the fish listed above :)

Well ive been told they are fine in there by many diffrent people o only wanted to know what type of fosh are fun watching and colourfull

If you insist on adding another fish I would say a dwarf gourami, I think a male betta would be stressed by that much activity in that size tank

Honestly, in my opinion, I think you should return the fish and get some appropriate sized fish. A second option is purchasing a bigger aquarium.

I wouldn't suggest adding any fish to this set-up unless your planning on removing the ones currently there.

I agree return the danios and you could do a dozen neons or cardinals and a dwarf gourami for a center piece.

personally i'd say get cardinals, i know its only blue and red, but unlike neons, the red stripe is completelyt along the bottom and when they get some size to them, very colourfull

I would have to agree on returning them, or you could go get a 20 gallon (75liter) tank, put in 2-3 more danios, a dwarf gourami, and some DWARF corydoras. You could also make the tank planted;)

If you don't want to get rid of the tank, return the fish and get some smaller fish. I have an 8 gallon (about 30liter) tank that has some ghost shrimp, a snail, 2 endlers (soon to be more) and peppered corydoras (were wrongly labeled and going into 55 gallon when back for vacation so like 10 days). I love my endlers! Another suggestion would be some killifish, they're pretty. Never had them but have heard some good things about them though.

Back
Top Bottom