Fish identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrinn23

Aquarium Advice FINatic
An anyone tell me what kind of pleco this is? Guy at petland said he was a rubber nose but I'm not so sure...

Sorry it's not the best picture...he mostly just stays there until super late at night when he swims around.

image-2237204724.jpg

...looks more like a Raphael catfish to me. Which actually isnt a pleco at all.
The mainly nocturnal behavior sounds right too.

Haha thanks guys I appreciate it! I wasn't sure if he was a catfish or some rare pleco I had never seen so he's been eating pellets. Thanks again everyone for the quick response!

Yep its a raphel i have one once he gets use to his surroundings he will come out of hiding and swim around

I have had my SRC for 5 months, and he/she doesn't even come out of "his" decoration at night. You might try putting shrimp pellets in the tank right as you so to bed.

I have a 40 gallon and I only see him out for about five minutes and then the rest of the time he's just poking his head out of his cave. Kinda funny

Is you tank big enough? They get to about 8 inches, and for food probably any stuff that hits the bottom lol catfish are not usually fussy eaters

Well the plan I've already worked out is if he gets too big I'm going to give it to my buddy who has a 90 gallon...so we'll see what happens

Good to hear responsible fish keeping :) hopefully he will be ok in your set up. Good luck

But just out of curiosity what do you think the minimum tank size is for him?

A lot of factors come into it but I have just had a quick search on google and a lot of people say 55g minimum.

Okay cuz I'm looking to upgrade soon and I like the little guy I think he looks cool so I'll try to get a 60 gallon or something close

Back
Top Bottom