Fish killer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teagteag

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay I really need some input. Over last few weeks my fish are disappearing. I have lost:
Clown loach (think to swim bladder issue)
2 Dwarf gourami (they were all accounted for in the morning came home to find one on gravel half eaten don't know where other is)
1 GBR couldn't ever find it
1 Denison barb MIA

Here is my current stock

3 blue gourami
4 Denison barb
3 german blue ram
5 danio
2 petricola catfish
2 rubber lip Pleco
12 large neon tetra
3 clown loach
1 dwarf gourami

Tank specs. Freshwater with artificial plants 125 gallon Fluval fx5 canister filter Fluval air pump with air stone. Fully covered tank top no holes large enough for fish to escape.
Water parameters are stable with weekly 30-40 gallon water change.
Ph 7.6
Rite 0
Ammonia 0
Rate 10

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Update- found the other dwarf gourami. Dead on back of intake filter :(.
The only change in the tank is I added mopani driftwood. It was boiled for 5 days. Didn't tint water when added and I closely monitored ph. It's a small piece in large tank i don't think it would cause a ph flux.

I have mopani in my tanks with no problems.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of the blue gourami can be territorial. But the others have plenty of places to escape him and hide.

Dwarf gouramis could have had dwarf gourami iridovirus?

Loaches are highly susceptible to intenstinal parasites, so is it possible it wasted away due to that?

German blue rams are finicky and also have a pretty short lifespan. Maybe water was too hard, or maybe it was just old?

Denison barb, well, I can't say for sure on that. Any fish showing signs of disease? Gasping at the surface? I'm grasping at straws here lol. Give me some more information about the fish.

The loach I found after he passed.
The GBR was never found but he was picked on by other GBR so I think he was stressed
The barbs were a fairly new addition to tank so maybe had a sick one.

All of the fish in tank now and others that have disappeared didn't show any signs of disease or illness. With the exception of the clown loach. He was having buoyancy issues the day before.

I never had a abnormal ammonia spike and I test at least every other day.

Back
Top Bottom