Fish per gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, I'm curious if I can put An angel fish in a 29 gallon too, I'm sure you can put about 2

The 30 gallon is 18 high

40 gallon says 16 but I think it would be 18 -20 high

Also the filtration I would have would be a HOB topfin 60 which is made for a 55-60 gallon

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm the 30 gallon could fit a pair and same with the 40 gallon really, but the 40 gallon will be easier to maintain.

just have at least 16 inches of room between the bottom of the tank and the top of the water level for the angles.

This is all just my opinion and maybe some other more experienced angelfish keepers will have more to say :)

Well I currently have 3 in a 55 but I want to get another fish so I'm moving them out for it

A 29 or 30 gallon could house two angelfish but that's really only for breeding setups, a full grown angel by itself would probably be fairly cramped in a 29, not saying you couldn't do it, but I'd never put my angel in anything that small. The 40g would be the best option out of the two, a 40b would give enough horizontal space but keep a thin substrate so they can have the most headroom they can

Back
Top Bottom