Fish Photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just added some rocket panchax to the nano tank and can't wait till tomorrow when can turn the lights on and get some snaps they're so cool!

Been trying for months to get a photo of the bumblebee catfish. He practically bolts when I get the iPhone out, else the angelfish are photo-bombing in case the iPhone is a new fish food container (maybe I should tape a wafer to the outside glass or something).
I have the same problem with mine ... I thought goldfish were meant to be the eating pooping machines but I'm sure my angel could give them a run for their money

I have a camera app, Camera VF5 that lets me manually adjust settings. Turn my lights up all the way. And still, most of my shots are like this-

1486013287003.jpg

But every so often I get the fodder for stuff like this-
1486013446917.jpg

And I took so many shots of the Harlequins zipping back and forth to get this-
1486013495331.jpg

Taking pictures is a fun way to enjoy the fish, even when the pictures don't turn out.

I have a camera app, Camera VF5 that lets me manually adjust settings. Turn my lights up all the way. And still, most of my shots are like this-

View attachment 294294

But every so often I get the fodder for stuff like this-
View attachment 294295

And I took so many shots of the Harlequins zipping back and forth to get this-
View attachment 294296

Taking pictures is a fun way to enjoy the fish, even when the pictures don't turn out.
Some cracking shots

I got some good pics with my Nikon D3300 because you can increase the Shutter speed fast enough to freeze the motion.
If you do not have a DSLR or such, try downloading Lightroom Mobile and use the camera feature on it in Pro Mode so you can increase the shutter speed on your phones camera.
Try a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second or higher.
I think the other half has a DSLR camera I need to set him a fishtography project [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom