Fish Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TEXTank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a mature (12 years) 29 gal tank. All parameters stable. Hard water (GH 11 with KH 6) and pH of 7.8. Historically, Tetras do well.

Current population as follows:
3- Buenos Aries Tetras
8- Serpae Tetras
5- Bloodfin Tetras

Am looking to add some COLOR but new fish also need to be compatible with current occupants and my water. Am considering Galaxy Rasbora or Red Rainbowfish. Thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

Hello!

Please do a quarantine for any new fish so you can keep the original ones safe.

Maybe a color variety you prefer male Guppies or Endlers - locally bred ones would already be used to the water. I have softer water so I am not as familiar.

Have a mature (12 years) 29 gal tank. All parameters stable. Hard water (GH 11 with KH 6) and pH of 7.8. Historically, Tetras do well.

Current population as follows:
3- Buenos Aries Tetras
8- Serpae Tetras
5- Bloodfin Tetras

Am looking to add some COLOR but new fish also need to be compatible with current occupants and my water. Am considering Galaxy Rasbora or Red Rainbowfish. Thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

Hello :)
I have relatively hard water as well! Platys and mollies do well in medium-hard water. They should get along fine with your tetras (I have platys and tetras in my tank). I think guppies are gorgeous and would add some fun colors to your tank! From my understanding, tetras actually prefer a softer water but can definately adapt to medium-hard, as yours and mine seemingly have. ;) I believe rasbora prefer a softer water but can probably get by with medium-hard like you have. And somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe rainbow fish are schooling so you'd need more than a couple and they may be just a bit too big (max size 6 inches) for a 29G.

Back
Top Bottom