Fish seems almost paralyzed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pwrflpills

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my Golden Wonder Killifish appeared to be developing fin rot about a week ago, so I began to treat the tank with a regular dose of Melafix. The fin rot didn't really improve and his behavior began to decline, so I began to assume he wouldn't make it. Now almost a week later, he looks basically the same, and still has his color, but he has been almost paralyzed, upside down on the bottom of the tank for the last 24 hours.

Is this something that can be treated, or is he a goner? I just wonder if it may be something else since he's survived this long. He lies on the substrate with good color and he can move his pectoral fins, but it appears he cannot open his mouth or use his dorsal fin. It's like he wants to react to me when I come to the tank, but his body won't let him. Any ideas? Treatments?

P.S. I don't have the means to QT him. I'm tempted to put him in my hanging breeding thing near the surface for treatment, but not sure what that would accomplish.

P.P.S. - PH = 7, Ammonia = 0ppm, Nitrite = 0ppm, Nitrate = 5-10ppm (so that's why my planst aren't growing :) )

I'm afraid that it doesn't look good at this point. It sounds like it has gone too far to be treated. I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom