Fish sizes & combinations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SPAIN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have read conflicting size data on the following fish:

Mega clown peckoltia pl*co (LDA-019)-4.5" or 5"

Pictus cat-4" or 6" and/or 10"

Any one have the low down on these fish and their sizes(especially their sizes)?

They would be housed in a 29 gallon tank and the pictus cat would in a pair. The rest would probably be mollys and tetras. I have read that as long as the pictus is well fed that he will not eat the tetras, however I can live without the tetras if you think that he is still going to pick them off. I would appreciate any suggestions on fish combinations to use. Being that this will be a non-cichlid tank I would like to have a good combination of color & size fish that will fit my tank.

By the way I had originally asked about oscars in a new 55 gallon in the getting started section, buying thg the 55 gallon tank has been scraped for the "father-in-law gives you a free 29 gallon tank plan"

Unsure about the clown plec; there is no listing for size on either planetcatfish.com's cat e-log or on fishbase.com. As for the pictus, it depends on what kind. Pimelodus pictus gets to be around 5 inches, Leiarius pictus gets to be about 2 feet.

I suggest you post this question on www.planetcatfish.com as well. Thats THE catfish forum and they may have some better answers to your questions. Also check back here; we have some cat lovers who may catch this post.

Good luck!

I have just looked in my Aqua-log of L-numbers and the LDA19 grows to 8-10cm (3-4in) and it comes from Venezuela.
As for your pictus cat, it depends on what one you have. Pimelodus Pictus(Angelicus pimulodus) or pim pictus as we call it in the UK grows to 11cm (4.75in).

HTH

I appreciate it I will just pay attention to the pictus's name and hope that the lfs has it right, lol. I feel better about the clown now. I have to shop around at the lfs and see if I can find one or I will be forced to order online.

Thank You,

Spain

Pim pictus are great fish, always on the go, day and night. If you get some you will enjoy having them. But remember they will eat small fish if they can get them in there mouth, and they will do this at night.

Back
Top Bottom