Fish stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are very misunderstood fish! Haha they are great though, mine is very kind to everyone else in the tank ;)

They are the ones that are long and skinny a bit like eels right?

Yep the engineers look eel-like. :)

I have one in my 90g tank and he is a big softie. I even named him teddy bear cause he's so mellow and cute.

Khij159753 said:
Awesome :) but can anyone recommend good inverts coral or anemones?

Inverts-
Decorator hermits
Sand sifting stars (after a while)
Porcelain crabs
Mexican turbos (secure everything first)
Nassarius snails
Ceriths (can put themselves back up after falling unlike Astreas)
Mated pair coral banded shrimp (as long as you feed your tank well they can be added with other shrimp IMO)
Skunk cleaners
Blood shrimp
Penderson cleaner shrimp (if you don't have a lot of huge fish)

Anemone
Stick with RBTA and BTA

Corals:
Too many to list without knowing what you prefer

Awesome. Thanks :) are clams and feather dusters compatible with the fish I have listed on page 1?

Also what's RBTA? And what would you need to know to pick a few good starter corals for me?

RBTA= red bubble tipped anenome

And i would go for some LPS corals at first and a few softies. Mushrooms, hammer, torch, frogspawn, etc

Okay. You guys have been tons of help. Soon I'll post a full stocking list to see if it's okay and not gonna be over crowded or anything. :)

Ya. That's true. Here, I'll post it to find out and make sure it's not to empty but I still got room to add done more fish if I find some I really like :p

Clowns-(ocellaris)(1 pair)
Tangs-(yellow, hippo)(3,1)
False moorish idols-(bannerfish)(1)
Dwarf angel-(flame)(1)
Cardinal-(banggai)(5)
Dartfish-(firefish)(3)
Jawfish-(yellow headed)(2)
Foxface-(foxface lo)(1)
Gramma-(royal)(5)
Dragonet-(blue, red)(2)
Wrasse-(leopard, cleaner)(5,3)
Blennies-(horned, lizard, segmented sailfin, scooter)(2 haven't decided on species yet)
Goby-(engineer, neon, cave transparent)(3 engineer? Or can I have more?,3,2)
Chromis-(blue green, blue reef, limbaughi)(7,17,9)
Sound good for fish? More? Less? Cancel any of the species? Opinions?

Khij159753 said:
Dwarf angel-(flame)(1)
Cardinal-(banggai)(5)
Dartfish-(firefish)(3)
Foxface-(foxface lo)(1)
Gramma-(royal)(5)
Dragonet-(blue, red)(2)
Blennies-(horned, lizard, segmented sailfin, scooter)(2 haven't decided on species yet)

I would get rid of the flame angel just to be safe because if he does decide to nip corals it would honeslty be impossible to get him out. Cleaner wrasse dont do well in home aquariums so i wouldnt get them, just my opinion. The dragonets would be ok if they are added at least a year down the road so you have tons of pods. The schooling bannerfish should be in a trio becase they are SCHOOLING bannerfish ;) only get 1 blenny they are agressive with their own species. Not sure about the gobies. Also, i dont know if you are overstocked or understocked because i have never even thought about this large of a tank, someone who owns a similar size should chime in :)

Okay. While I wait for someone to chime in. Do these sound like good corrals?

Sea Fan Coral-(finger, whip, blueberry)
Mushroom Coral-(fluorescent, striped, bullseye, hairy, ricordea)
Soft Coral-(cauliflower, carnation tree, ridge, devils hand, chili, finger leather, Christmas tree)

Any too difficult and should be ruled out? I'm gonna start with just super simple corral but would like to eventually get most of these. :)

Khij159753 said:
Awesome. Thanks :) are clams and feather dusters compatible with the fish I have listed on page 1?

Everything but the angels are fine. Not too sure if they would nip. I wouldn't do any angels but japaneese swallow tails or wanatabe in a reef personally.

Khij159753 said:
Dwarf angel-(flame)(1)
Cardinal-(banggai)(5)
Dartfish-(firefish)(3)
Foxface-(foxface lo)(1)
Gramma-(royal)(5)
Dragonet-(blue, red)(2)

Usually mandarins should only be one to a tank unless they are a pair. They are extremely territorial.

The general rule of thumb with gobies and blennies is none of the same shape or color. Cleaner wrasse is a rent a fish.

If you want to do reef start with this. Add slowly. As time goes on you will discover other fish and see if they are good for your tank. You can try bluezoo aquatics online. They list some that liveaquaria doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom