Fish stuck in live rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasleus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! Long time lurker here, and finally posting because I'm a bit sad and wanted to at least share what I learned today. I lost one of my sunburst platy because when I woke up this morning, I found him stuck in one of the crevices of the live rock that I set up as decoration in the tank, and after releasing him, found that it was already too late for him. I'm rearranging today to actually make sure there's sufficient room. But it would seem that if they can wedge themselves in there, they very well may do so.

rDPIONU.jpg

Oh geeze. Is that dragon stone? That's what I'm using, too. Sorry about your platy!

Sure is! It's Ohko Dragon Stone to be specific, but yeah, be sure that if they can wiggle into the crevices that they're able to go THROUGH them, not just in.... I've since moved the rock off the glass and fish seem to be okay for now.

Sorry for your loss! I had that happen to an otto. It was just a plain ol' rock, but close to the tank wall. He was "between a rock and a hard place."

Back
Top Bottom